Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Motion Machine

For my motion machine I ordered the main components that I will need for the electronics. I will likely need to add a button and possibly a few other things, but these are the parts that I absolutely need to create the motion. I chose to use a Nema 17 stepper motor for the drive both because I have a very fine range of control if need be, and also because stepper motors have a good amount of torque for their size. The disadvantage of a stepper is that you need a more advanced driver then you do for other types of motors. After looking over my options I chose a version from Sainsmart, not because it was the best, but because it was available on amazon prime. The joke was on me though because it took far longer than two days to show up. Additionally I needed an arduino uno to run everything and a power source.
The next step was to wire everything up and run a test.
Power yes, motion no. Time to trouble shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment