Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A Few New Things

I am creating new things for my capstone in digital fabrication and design. At this point I am still in the experimentation phase. I still have a million ideas that I would like to work thorough and try, but I think for the time being I will be focusing on patterns and what I can do with them in regards to using the router, laser cutter, and Tormach mill. (Although I did try one additional thing this week)

 
Same pattern with both the router and the laser cutter. I really like the scale shift, and wonder about making the work piece for the router version even larger.
In the image bottom left I painted the pattern in gloss on a matte background, when I places the larger lattice over it there were some interesting things that happened with the pattern and shadow. Unfortunately with the set up I had I didn't capture any images that really portrayed the contrast.
The shadow by itself looks pretty great though.

When I overlap scale and glossiness interesting things happen and I wonder how that will work with some of the other things I have tried so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment