Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Models for Mechanisms

My class 612 is the final project for my Digital Studio Practices Major. During the semester I will be creating an object for the BFA show and Arts and Tech Night. I have decided that I am going to build a machine that moves, I will combine the things that I began in Physical Computing, with the things that I have learned in the DCRL (Digital Craft Research Lab) that will aid me in craft.

After considering various types of mechanisms I built moving cardboard models of two of them. I am exploring a third motion that looks very interesting on paper, and may build a model of that as well.

This first one would likely include lights that would cause the rectangles to change colors

This version shows potential. The arms would likely be 3 axis milled to give them a good contour.

No comments:

Post a Comment